Financial Options for Top Surgery (Courtesy of blitz-ftm)
Just a few resources and suggestions, when you don’t have the money or a non supportive family. <3
- http://www.surgeryloans.com/splash/ Surgery Loans
- https://www.capitalone.com/ Capital One Health Care Finance
- http://www.unicornfinancial.com/ Unicorn Financial
- You can borrow against property you own
- Withdraw Money from a retirement account with minimum penalty
- If you’re a student take out loans above tuition costs for “cost of living” to cover surgery
- One more funding tip: If you have a job that offers a health savings accounts (HSA) HSAs let you set aside money from your paycheck pre-tax for medical expenses that aren’t covered by insurance. That includes copays and, you guessed it, surgery. (Probably T as well, but don’t take my word for it.) It’s like getting a substantial discount on your medical expenses.
- To set up an HSA, contact your HR department. You’ll lose whatever money you don’t use that year, so think through the timing carefully.
Message from KimmyJMusicLove: In addition to all of these, try selling things on the internet on websites like
- Bake sales
- Cultural Fairs
- Yard/Garage Sales
Try even going to your local gay bar and seeing if the owner will help you set up a fundraiser show for you.